Join The Leamington Society
What do we do?
- We meet regularly to hear expert speakers on topics of common interest such as architecture, history and planning.
- Every year we hold joint meetings with the Warwick Society, and with the Leamington Literary Society.
- We are consulted on planning applications for building in the town, especially in the Conservation Area.
- We are represented at public enquiries and planning forums, and represent our members' views on local issues to the District Council.
- We present biennial awards for successful improvements, restorations and new buildings in the town.
- We publish the Leamington Walk leaflet.
- We distribute a quarterly newsletter giving Society views and news.
- We are members of the National Association of Residents’ Associations (NORA) and the West Midlands Association of Amenity Societies (WMASA).
In July 2012 we submitted our response to the District Council consultation on its new Local Plan.